Friday, May 11, 2018

Cancer check up





I am always nervous before my routine cancer check ups. It has been three years now and they see me every three months.

I am in love with HUG, Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genéve. Their treatment during both my cancers was exceptional. Chemo sessions were fun, a coven of women sharing.

Because it is a teaching hospital, I've had many doctors still in the residency stage. The most serious cases go to faculty. Had someone referred me to faculty, I would have been even more frightened. Despite changes, one of my oncologists and I still email and she will probably be visiting at some time in the future.

This was the second time I'd seen Dr. F. He remembered so many things about our visit three months before that wasn't in the record. Of Italian origin, he often sails by our house. He gave me the choice of French or English and because 98% of my treatment has been in French, I took the lazy way and we spoke in English/Franglais.

The best part of the exam? All is good. I was nervous for no reason and that is a very good thing.


No comments: