Friday, February 02, 2018

Driverless cars

Rick's printer threw a temper tantrum. It refused to print word documents but would print the test page.

"That is why I won't ride in a driverless car," I said.

He looked at me. 

I went on to explain.

All the things that don't work now with too great a regularity:
  • SFR and Bluewin TV transmissions
  • A switching device on a train track that doesn't switch (UK accident)
  • Glitches in regular computer programs
  • Phones where we can't get a signal
  • Car recalls for all kinds of problems--why should I believe they would take better care of a driverless car.
  • Lying -- such as VW's standards fraud
I am not a Luddite. I love technology that makes my life simpler. But more often it adds to the complications.

Then I think of all the conditions that could bring down the car's system.
  • Hurricanes (more often these days)
  • Power failures (The US electrical grid is in rough shape)
  • Fires 
  • Tornadoes
  • Earthquakes
  • Regular thunderstorms
  • Hacking
  • Human mistake (attack alert in Hawaii?)
  • Updates when going 95 MPH on a highway
It is ingenious how they have made traffic lights signal to the driverless cars. Even if the electrical grid is working well, all it takes is one kid with a stone to put one of those lights out of commission leading to chaos.

Cars do have some great new stuff, such as letting a driver know when something or someone is too close. But the driver should be in control if he's not reading, talking on his phone, or had too much to drink etc., all of which a driverless car would not do. One driver can create a bad accident, but imagine if the driverless system goes berserk for any of the reasons above and all the cars are out of control. Or the system shuts down. Or the software that runs the car pulls a temper tantrum as Rick's printer did.

Nope. No driverless cars for me.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello am Mrs Martha Barker from U S in new York city i discovered that there are so many scams out there pretending to give you an help but I promise to share this testimony all over the world because my Ex Lover return back to me, and today with all due respect i want to thank...Dr. Castro for helping in getting my Ex Lover back to me, i have been in great pains until the day i meet a friend who help me contacted Dr. Castro he casted a love spell for me and told me to wait for just 24 hours that my Lover will call me and i did according to the instructions given to me by him and surprisingly, in 24 hours,my Ex Lover really called me and started apologizing for all he had caused me am very happy today because we are happily married with a kid.I am the happiest Woman on earth today because Dr. Castro has done a wonderful deeds in my life and i will continue to share this testimony, if you would love to contact Dr. Castro In case you have been with a broken heart and you want your ex back just contact the same man Via mail..Drcastrosolution@gmail.com

he is specialized in all kind of spell casting such as:

1. Getting your lover back.
2. misscarriage spell
3. herpes spell
4. Get a job spell.
5. Pregnancy spell
6. Marriage spell
9. Popularity spell
7. Cancer spell
8. long life spell
9. HIV/aids spell
10.HPV spell

A man that can bring family together as one..contact him and you your problem will be successfully cure contact him today on his email and your problem we be solve contact him via Email:(drcastrosolution@gmail.com)