Here is my cup and glass closet.
- 6 champagne glasses bought as a going out of business sale from a friend
- One French coffee press--we don't drink much coffee. The press works for guests.
- One tea pot
- One set of espresso cups, saucers and pot bought at a vide grenier for 10 euros
- A water pitcher with five matching glasses bought at a vide grenier for 15 Euros
- Four of six cups made by our local potter. Easy to replace if dropped.
- Heart sugar and creamer
What do you do if you have a lot of guests, you may ask.
We prefer to entertain no more than three people at a time. We have had one large get together in four years. We are planning a second event, a Solstice celebration/tree decorating open house later this month which will have more people than our dish/glass stock.
We are planning vin chaud and nibblies and I will get paper products. We've been here about 1,460 days. I see no reason to be bogged down with extra stuff for two of those days.
The things in the closet all fill one or more of my three criteria for owning anything:
- Has a memory
Looking forward to the Solstice Celebration.