Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Back in the saddle


"Retired, HAH," my daughter used to say after I gave up corporate life at 61.

She was basing it on my activities.

I continuing writing on micro finance, coops and credit unions for a US trade journal than started my own newsletter for Canadian clients producing between 30 and 50 stories weekly.  After seven years when my partner wanted to retire I decide it was time.

Also I have written and published a novel about every 18 months.

When Rick and I married, we started a business. He needed my Swiss nationality to do so. Since we are both professional communicators, it made sense. He does most of the heavy lifting, after all I'm "retired" aren't I?

Still every now and then projects come in and I jump into action.

This week we were at a conference in Germany.  What do I love?
  • Meeting new people
  • Meeting people Rick has talked about
  • Learning new things
  • The buzz of activity
Do I want to work full time again?

No way, no how, but every now and then it is nice to saddle up and ride down a new trail.



No comments: