Saturday, October 29, 2016

Winding down

Sigh.  We are preparing to leave Argelès for the next two and a half months. Before feeling sorry for us, one should remember why. We are heading home to Geneva, which we also adore.

And we have trips, business and pleasure planned for Berlin, Prague, Paris and Madrid.

Still I wanted a last café sit with a book and hot chocolate at La Noisette.

The doors open into the church. Two couples and a peek-a-poo, probably tourists were outside. Three went in, one stayed with the dog. When they came out, the single man went in.
The 13th century church has its own medieval beauty and a bit of goo-gaw overkill. Still I went in to enjoy the rainbow reflections from the stained glass and light a candle for my beloved late stepmom.
As my dad used to say, "If you want sympathy, try S in the dictionary."

Maybe I should look up G for greedy. I have such a wonderful life wanting to be many places at once, is OTT.

No comments: