Thursday, June 09, 2016

Gained day

I woke thinking it was Friday, checked my iPad to find out where we would meet R&E for coffee.

Nothing.

Then I realised that it was Thursday, a whole day where I had no plans with anyone.

My favorite mornings are like today where I enjoy:
  • Tea in bed
  • Reading
  • Snuggling
  • Sharing bits and pieces of what we read
The one day of summer heat has not penetrated the flat. We still need the covers.

There is a pleasure in just looking around the room.

There is a pleasure looking out the bedroom window at the patio and thru to the plants on the stairs leading to the kitchen.



Waking to the delicate flowers painted by our former landlord Cristina. That is usually the first thing I see.

Checking the time on my Annie clock, created by the talented artist Pauline Stonehouse. Annie is the main character in my mystery novel. www.donnalanenelson.com

Looking upwards at another artwork by Pauline and the stone walls. The flat is over 400 years old, of course modernized. I am sure where I sleep there was once sheep, cows and chickens. The ground floor in most of these old houses once held live stock, especially during the winter. In the summer they were probably left to graze outside the village walls, a few remnants which remain.

Now that I know it isn't Friday my activity list has changed.

1. Mail a letter to my wonderful mother-in-law.

2. Deliver a photo I took of Marco to him.
3. Make Dar's oatmeal bread. I want to photograph the yeast which is cream colored and is a leavener a word starting with the letter L. Our FB photographic group has as a theme every week, and this week it is photos of things that are creamed colored and start with the letter L.

4. Not vac and wash the floors. Tomorrow.

5. Work on Murder in Edinburgh and write a bit more on the new novel Day Care.

6. Buy a melon from Elisabeth.

7. Finish the grapes.

I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








.


No comments: