Saturday, April 02, 2016

Conspiracy

We were beginning to think there was a conspiracy to keep us in Geneva.

First the lock on the car trunk/boot didn't work the day before we were planning an early get away. Rick fixed it.

Then my doctor prescribed a medication that no pharmacy seemed to have. My regular pharmacy said they would order and it would be ready at 8:30 the next morning, a little later than our planned departure, but still okay...

Rick had an article that had to be finished for a deadline and stayed up late putting the final polishes on it. Not good for a long drive.

We were up later than planned, raring to go home to Argelès. We arrived at the pharmacy and the prescription hadn't been delivered with their other orders.

"We can have this afternoon or tomorrow," the pharmacist said.

"We are leaving for six weeks," I said.

"When?"

"Now."

Poor woman. She looked more upset than I felt about a delayed departure. She called the supplier, gave us directions and we were able to pick it up.

We did get on the road despite traffic that seemed to slow our departure. I love Geneva. I love Switzerland. I love living there but after being there since September it was time to get away to the other place I love. 

No one will sorry for me that I can spend time in two great places.

No comments: