Sunday, March 06, 2016

I seek revenge



Anyone who knows me knows I hate telephones: smart, dumb or land.

Anything I can do with a phone I can do with a computer and/or a camera.

Email me, Skype me, snail mail, Facebook me.

Until recently, I would put on my dumb phone every six months or so OR when I was about to meet someone and/or was late or lost. I seldom gave out my number and if I did I wanted the person to swear that the number would be used only in an emergency, such as the end of the world.

However, since we moved and I've had cancer, we don't have a landline and I need to have a phone so different doctors can get in touch with me. I also leave it open in case my former housemate who broke her arm needs help.

The phone rings now several times a day. It even rang at 4:10 in the morning.

Is it a doctor?

No.

Is it my former housemate?

No.

It is Sunrise always with the same message.

Surf abroad for
less with full 
control of your
costs.Attractive
data packages  
from CHF 9.90
now available 
for activation at 
cockpit.sunrise.com

And it goes on and on with costs.

Not only would I never, never, never ever think about considering that maybe I might increase my usage I want to find the SUNRISE CEO and interrupt his day several times each day. I want to call him in the middle of the night.  I want to find the marketing person behind this message, the IT guy and track them down, sneak up behind them perhaps in a restaurant or maybe even when they are making love and have one of those bullhorns and  scream... "Leave me alone you B-s--r-d."

My former housemate will heal. Soon I will not be going to doctor appointments in the same way I used to go restaurants several times a week. I will shut the phone off and put it in the drawer hopefully not to look at it for months.






No comments: