Friday, February 19, 2016

Sushi, sushi, sushi


I refuse to be thought of as a little old lady, nor does my friend J.

However we do have current practice in physical limitations between her broken arm and my numb feet and hands from the chemo. We are limited in what we can do, but it is getting better.

Today was a thrilling day as we went for sushi. I hadn't been able to have any since I started chemo in case bacteria attack my low-white-blood cell body. She has been more or less housebound although well fed by friends bringing in meals.

Prior to our misc. maladies, sushi was a regular part of our lives...all one of us had to go "su..." and the other would be in the car waiting to go.

We joked about how our temporary handicaps were practice for a decade or more down the road.

It became even stronger when I couldn't open my Coke bottle. It took two of us.

On the other hand, it proves that working together, we can still conquer the world, or at least a Coke bottle. It's a start.

At least I could handle chopsticks and left only one maki on the floor.


 

No comments: