Thursday, October 08, 2015

The look

Rick picked up his spoon and moved the ingredients of the soup I had just made in a circular direction. "What's in it?"

He's become a lot more adventurous in what he eats since we got together. Still he does like things identified, if possible before they go into his mouth.

I rattled of the ingredients and he gave me THE LOOK!

THE LOOK says maybe if I work hard enough I'll understand what she is saying.

"If anything was in the frigo or closet I put it in," I said. Many ingredients do make the best soup.

He asked for me to repeat the ingredients.

I did:
  • Onion
  • Leeks
  • Carrots
  • Turnips
  • Cabbage
  • Bullion
  • Barley
  • Lentils
 He still looked confused.

Poor man. I think in terms of vitamins, minerals as well as taste when I decide what I cook. The more veggies, the happier I am. Was this his problem?

THE LOOK did not go away. "Bali?"

"Barley," I said.

"Bali?"

We broke up laughing at the same moment. My R-less Boston accent had struck again.

I think he was happy that he had a part of an island dropped in this soup nor did I include any weird ingredients.

Rick has a dueling blog at http://lovinglifeineurope.blogspot.fr/

1 comment:

Merc said...

He he. Read both duellers. I'm with you on the "r" DL. Never could gut my glottis around it.