Friday, June 05, 2015

Bureacracy as a test of love

Rick was filling out YET ANOTHER FORM on line. His frustration was growing at the misc. messages for him to do things that did not cover what he wanted/needed to do.

Bureaucracy has been a major part of our lives since he moved over here.

We won't discuss the problems of on-line limitations, dealing with three countries, obstinate bureaucrats, etc.

"You must really love me to go through this?" I said to him. He could have stayed in the US with a life that didn't need all these forms.

"It is a test of my love for you," he said.

"Would you believe that I've bribed bureaucrats and IT people to make it more difficult as a test?" I asked.

His hands hovered in mid-air over the keyboard and shook his head. I'm not sure if it was at the problems or my question.

I'm not asking again.

No comments: