Thursday, April 16, 2015

I really don't like money

That I don't like money doesn't mean I like poverty either. What I don't like is that pursuit of money and the material which makes it impossible to enjoy all the other wonderful things in life.

I do enjoy following banking news. I adore www.maxkeiser.com talk about the messed up economy and why it is...I wish he'd been wrong more often, but he's not.

That's why Smith's book, Why I left Goldman Sachs was so interesting. In effect he gave up 11 hours of almost every day to do nothing but make money.

Yes, I had to work. And I often put in long days and I was lucky enough to never have jobs where the product hurt people. Still work was only part of my life and the end goal was not bigger and better but enough.

Most of my life I've had enough. I've been lucky not to have had more.


No comments: