Saturday, January 31, 2015

Turkey solutions

I adore my housemate's creativity.

Yesterday I blogged about the butcher misunderstanding and instead of giving me a complete turkey for a Thanksgiving dinner I'm holding (yes I know it's not November--all is explained in the blog) it was turkey slices. I asked for ideas on how to rescue the meal.

You can read her blog here but this is the jist. I know she won't mind my copying her work.



                                                              *****
Who would have thought to tell the butcher that you wanted a "whole" bird!
So here are my thoughts on how to turn it into a proper Thanksgiving turkey:
  • Slip it into something that won't burn onto it during the process (pantyhose came to mind, but I reckon they couldn't take the heat, which leads me to other – thoughts as to heat and panty hose…),
  • Get a good pair of iron clamps...
  • Take a needle and some good thick black thread and sew the bits together....
  • Take a picture of a properly roasted turkey and paste to skin once done...
  • Lots of string and tie it back together?

Or, as you are a writer and have plenty of imagination, make up a story/poem/sonnet as to how a whole bird became parts, parts that will magically become whole again as they eat. Here are some models.
                                                                *****
She even enclosed a photo for me. I  don't see the pantyhose.


No comments: