Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday lunch


Rick's day to cook so off to Campbell's Pub and Museum, previously owned for years by Campbell himself and now in someone else's hands. 

The pub is at the foot of Croagh Patrick where people trek up the mountain to the chapel. The owner's obit (he died at 75) was on the wall and told of the woman, who at his burial leaned against a cross and sang sadly.

There were photos of John and Jackie Kennedy's visit to Ireland, although they didn't stop here, and of Grace Kelly's visit who did. Other artifacts, letters, pipes, dishes were on display.

Although live music is featured many times during the week, we had to content ourselves with a CD of Mary Black, playing softly in the background.
Two fireplaces kept us warm and cozy as we chatted with the friendly waitress.
The beams were covered with business cards. If I had mine, I'd have added one, but I didn't.


I even loved the toilet with the old-fashioned cabinetry combined with modern, modern sinks. When my daughter was little, and we would go to restaurants, the first thing she would want to check out is the ladies room. She would have loved this as I did.

No comments: