Sunday, December 21, 2014

More taxi encounters of the third kind

One of the great things about riding in taxis is delving into the drivers lives and personality. I've added three to my collection.

Taxi No. 1. Mary O
House to Westport Train Station

"I was warm in my house. It's nippy this morning. I'm glad I didn't shave my legs."

Mary O was not only cheerful but a cheerleader for the wonderful village of Westport Mayo Ireland. She had her doubts about the new statue in the center. "It claims to be a man on a horse, but it doesn't look like any man on a horse, I've ever seen." Still her tone was one of it being more than okay for a place where she loves living.

*****
Taxi No. 2 Wayne
BnB to Dublin Airport Arrivals

Wayne explained how the taxi system in Dublin works with each driver owning their own car but
belonging to a cooperative and how the rides are divided up. He also is a member of the credit union and how easy it is to get loans. With almost every town and parish having credit unions and my writing about credit unions for the past 20 years, we could share a lot of information. He told me a couple of things that I had written about.

When he found out we would be going to the airport at (gulp) 4 am on the 23rd, he called the dispatcher and arranged for us to be picked.

The Greek islands are a wonderful place to visit, he told us. Rick and I have added that to our travel list.

*****

Taxi No.3 James
Dublin Airport to BnB

Rick:    How are you this morning?
James:  What are you a doctor?

We didn't follow up much. Llara and I were too busy catching up on her flight, her family (my ex-side of the family) our adventure in Westport, etc. 





4 comments:

charlie gill said...

For your journey, we offer silver service luxury cabs all you have to do is sit back, relax and ejnoy a great ride in style. We have a lot of standing customers and high ratings.
silver service maxi taxi

charlie gill said...

Incredible group to work with. Conveyed the plans early, and they were incredible the first run through. in fact, I didn't give them considerably more than a fundamental depiction and a source picture of a logo configuration to work from, and they took it out of the recreation center. I will be returning soon when I dispatch my next image.

Logo-Genie.com

charlie gill said...

We also have great variety of other academic service that may be able to assist you.

Dissertations

charlie gill said...

Our writers write all paper from scrape, our each paper are plagiarism free and we checked our all papers before sending it to you.
illustrative case study example