Friday, December 12, 2014

Happy Birthday





He would be 102 today if he was alive, one in a long list of idols (Valentino, Presley, Beatles, Bieber--the first three had talent, the 4th????) and more of my mother's generation than mine.

Although even when we were rocking around the clock and twisting, his music would still appear. At  more than one record hop we would dance to "The Lady is a Tramp," "High Hopes," "Fly me to the moon" and other songs that are confined to history.

I never understood his sex appeal, but I loved his voice and his phrasing of lyrics. His personality seemed cranky at best. Gay Talesee wrote the classic piece Frank Sinatra has a Cold, that appeared in Esquire. It something that every feature writer should study.

His music is still relevant to me with the song "Second Time Around."  It has become Rick's and my song. We danced to it at our wedding and play it periodically. When we too, we tough hands and hearts. But then love songs are for lovers.




No comments: