Saturday, December 13, 2014

Good wishes





If I get one FB posting about saying Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays, I'll...I'll--I don't know what I'll do over this silly, silly issue when there are so many important things happening such as war, torture, police brutality, a new budget that could again tank the US economy, water privatization, the death of bees, fracking, terrible education, etc.


If I know a person is Christian American I'll say Merry Christmas.

If I know a person is Christian Brit I'll say Happy Christmas.

If I know a person is Jewish, I'll say Happy Chanukah.

If they are American Black I'll say Happy Kwanzaa. Most other blacks won't know what I'm talking about.

If they are French I'll say Joyeux Noël.

If they are German or Swiss German I'll say Frohe Weihnachten.

If they are Spanish I'll say Feliz Navidad.

If they are Catalan I'll say Bon Nadal.

If I don't know I'll say Happy Holidays. 

And if any of my friends from any of these groups say the same to me, I'll be thrilled to share good wishes at this time of year and that they want to share the same with me.

Dec. 14th addition to blog.

I posted this on my facebook page and got this response from friends.





  

No comments: