Friday, November 14, 2014

Magnets

It's been hard the last few days trying to deal with the death of beloved friend and helping her daughters whom I love dearly deal with the French and paper work as best I can. I don't speak English leagalese much less French legalese. It is not being able to walk down the street without seeing people who want to express their sadness. Doing things in its own way is a comfort.

When one loses someone much loved, it is a reminder to treasure each moment we have.

Our refrigerator reeks of reminders.

Rick and I started collecting magnets where we went. It could be a wander around a fort on the way to Andorra, or the King Tut exhibition. Or it could be something big like several days in Amsterdam or a trip through our childhood neighborhoods.

Everytime I open the frigo, I smile at the memories of happy moments, moments when we debated which magnet was the most representative before discovering the next enjoyable experience.

There is one magnet that doesn't represent a trip together. Rick picked it up at the Neuseum in DC. It is perfect for two writers: "Not tonight dear, I have a deadline."

Only maybe it should be tonight along with the deadline. Do it now, give a hug, look at a cloud, tell a friend you care, just be aware of the wonderful gift of life.

No comments: