Sunday, November 16, 2014

Geneva best city in the world.



Geneva is the best city in the world.

It grew on me slowly. I had lived in Môtiers in Neuchâtel with its 500 people and 5,000 cows, the Jura mountains, the waterfall, the old abbey turned into a champagne cave and Jean-Jeaques Rousseau's home.

I'd moved to Payerne for a short time and after getting a job in Geneva was too much of a commute. I spent weekends there at my former gentleman's friend. Thus I didn't have much time to expend in discovering the city.

Much later when I wasn't spending time in Payerne, did I begin to discover the delights of the city.

Of course there's the beauty of the Alps, the Jura, the lake. There's plays, ballets, and movies in VO.

Restaurants of every nationality.

And there's an unbelievable hospital that I did not want to discover, but was grateful for its incredible system and staff when I needed it.

I became Swiss in Geneva. They took me in as I took them in.

I loved Boston. I love Geneva.

No comments: