Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Creative decisions



In my novels, I usually have two story lines: historic, modern.

I write them in separate documents. Then I put each chapter on a card and try and mingle them properly. 

There have been times except for the last couple of chapters that the actual placement isn't all that important.

In those cases I take the majority of the cards, historic in left hand, modern in right and shuffle them as I would a deck of cards.

Then I copy and paste the chapters making a word document.

Thus, after finishing The Broker, this morning, I was pleased to read this in his author's notes. "I had the great luxury of tossing a dart at a map of the world to find a place to hide Mr. Backman."

I am not the only writer to make creative decisions by chance.

No comments: