Thursday, November 20, 2014

49T

 49T

Some families hand down jewels.

Others property.

Our family hands down a license plate.

My dad back in the 1950s had the Mass. plate 49T.

When he moved to Florida, he turned the plate over to me. In Florida he applied for and received 49T.

Thus when he came back to Massachusetts and our cars were parked side-by-side they plates looked the same except for the Florida shape on his.

I had to give up the plate when I moved to Europe.

Years, no make that decades later, when my daughter was in Virginia she too applied for 49T and got it. Now she is back in Massachusetts and just bought a car.

Sigh...49T is taken.

However, CH49T is available.

CH is the call letters for Switzerland.

I think we've updated our family tradition. Who needs jewels anyway?

CH 49 T




No comments: