Saturday, October 04, 2014

My mother-in-law is an artist

My first mother-in-law, Grams, was wonderful. A strong woman,she had survived some hardships, raised four children and was always kind. Despite my divorce from her son, she kept me as her daughter in her heart. That she expressed it, was unlike her, but a treasured conversation.

I never thought it would be possible to find a man I would want to share my life with and if I did, finding someone as nice as Grams as a mother-in-law would be impossible.

I was wrong on both.

My new mom-in-law is warm, funny, loveable.

She is an artist in cloth. I knew she made quilts, because she had sent me one, but I had no idea on how truly creative she was.

I am so lucky to have these two women in my life.

What is barely visible is the lace on the quilt.


No comments: