Thursday, October 02, 2014

Meat Mecca

Mighty Mom... We made it.





Since Rick and I remet, he's been raving about Schwartz in Montreal, a place that serves smoked meat and has been doing so since1928 and it looks like they have not redecorated since then.

He's not alone. Celebrities like Celine Dione and Hank Aaron, have eaten there and many more.

Rick also loves their spices, so much he brought ten bottles to Europe. Because he put them in his hand luggage, security opened each one. Whenever he thinks my cooking is under spiced he reaches for a bottle. At least he never took a bottle to Bartaville.

Despite a filled schedule, we left for Schwartz by metro and then walked a few blocks. I swear his mouth was watering all the time.

To tease him I suggested we stop at the restaurants we passed: Japanese, Hungarian, Indian.

He ignored me.

Our waiter wrote A+ on my menu for my French. He had been born in Berne, Switzerland, but migrated to Montreal so early that he has forgotten his Swisser Deutsche.

Rick bought ten more bottles of the spice. It should hold him until he can return toMontreal's meat Mecca.




No comments: