Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I can smell winter


The smell of winter is in the air, leading to a cold, tingle in one's nose.

The temperature had been 24/75° just a couple of days ago. No more. We are into single digits and the bise is shaking the leaves from the trees (never mind the acorns). Despite the bright sun, the best word to use is "brrrr."

A search for last years gloves/mittens/hat resulted in:
  • One black glove
  • One black mitten
  • One rust mitten
  • One black hat
Hmmm...we're heading for the mountains where winter is more than a smell. Today it is snowing.

On our sushi run, I stopped at H&M, walked to the hat/mitten/counter and grabbed the light beige combo and was out of there in less than two minutes. Now that's a successful shopping trip.

They are softly lined mittens that I couldn't find last year. Hands stay toasty.

I'm tempted to sew a long string on them and run it through my coat sleeves so I won't lose them until spring.

No comments: