Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hello, my name is Donna-Lane




I'm a recovering news junkie. Thank you for welcoming me to News Junkie Anonymous.

Up until a few months ago I was a news junkie. I read papers on-line from all over the world. I listened to Arabic, Russian, Chinese, British, French and Swiss news programs.

Although I leaned to liberal publications and broadcasts, I also tried to follow the conservative side as well.

I compared versions trying to find what reality was. Whenever possible I tried to fact check.

Before I renounced I was an active American citizen, calling or emailing congressional members several times a week of various legislation. I also wrote letters to newspapers or left messages on websites in other countries.

Lately it has been too much to take in.
  • Climate change
  • Drone attacks
  • Economic idiocy
  • Endless wars
  • Stupidity
  • Ebola
  • Drought
  • Floods
  • Fracking
  • Voter suppression
  • Inequality
  • Lies, lies, lies
I will join the ranks of humanity which doesn't see what is going on around them.

Will I relapse?

I don't know.

May I have a cup of coffee now please?






No comments: