Sunday, September 21, 2014

I miss you

Dear laptop


I was wrong. I should have taken you on holiday. I can picture you all alone on my desk next to the mousepad with the three Japanese chins.  I see my pig sticking out of  the USB port trying to comfort you, and reminding you that he too was left behind.

It's not your fault that you are so much heavier then my new iPad. Both of you have a certain beauty. The aqua iPad has an in your face color. Your silver tone with the swirls engraved is a classic look. You are the Grace Kelly and the iPad is more a Lady Gaga.

But I miss you. For what I want to do you are the one and only in my heart.

Love DL

1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I know how you feel. I am figuring out whether I can keep my big old monster computer that still has some of my stories imbedded. To lose it is to lose a piece of me. THink I'll take it in to the tech and have her to put everything on flash drive and give her the old computer. Makes me tear up. She and I have been together for many years now. But eventually we all have to move on. Love reading your stuff. Thanks Barb