Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Reasons 178,983J and 178,983K

Reasons 178,983J and 178,983K why I love Argelès

178,983J

This is the season where the summer people are all over the village.

They are from several countries. Our front door isn't locked and people come in and out, sometimes with invitations, sometimes just to say hi. Our landlady's family is here from Denmark split between upstairs and the house across the street.

Thus when I opened our door, I saw this silver packet. I opened it. Four little patties. Rick and I tasted it.

One of the Danes in preparing a meal for everyone decided that we needed to try this great whatever it is.

Sometimes I think of this village as Copenhagen South.

And there are the people who bring their tables out on the street and eat and talk and talk and eat.

178,983K

It's fresh fig season. Couldn't resist them nor did I try. Last night was reason 178,983H when my friend Barbara fed us her great spaghetti. She had the local cherries for dessert.

The only hard part is trying to decide what to buy.


Life is good, realllllllly good.

No comments: