Friday, July 11, 2014

My living room is on Google


I use a lot of Google Images in my newsletter. I'd just searched for one that showed communication skills to illustrate an article that I'd written. Writing for something to be read on the web involves a different style such as lots of white space, short sentences...

That's just an aside. It is not what this blog is about today.



It's 6:46 in the morning and my mind isn't totally focused. I thought I'd check out Painted House Argelès just to see if Chris's house was there. It was.

But just a few photos down WAS MY LIVING ROOM.


Of course, we've changed it a bit since we moved in. We rent it furnished but have exchanged some of our wonderful landlady's things with our own. The rug is now under my bed where I'm sitting and writing. The same couch is against the wall and the wicker furniture has gone to the local Depot Vente. Rick has put a bookcase to block the window and his desk in front of it. I line up the pillow with the stripes. 


There was also a photo of our street and our front door (left with grill). Chris's house is at the end of the street. 

That is less of a surprise. 

It is a rare day, even in winter, when at least one person isn't taking a photo of the street. I hear the tour guide come through and his spiel always includes the words "This is the most beautiful street in Argelès" in either French or English.

As I scroll through I see another photo that I took in Grand Saconnex, CH and taken from this blog.


I also find my avatar.


 
I know the NSA is monitoring everything and everyone. I know there are copywrite laws where my photos should be protected as my intellectual property. This does not bother me because I don't see my photos as having commercial value.

However, it is a bit spooky to have my living room on the web.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Find the best business loan provider in World! Here at Capital Funds Investment Ltd, you're able to get a business loan immediately with lowest inters.Email: (loancfifundsltd@gmail.com) whats-app/Call us now (91) 892 950 9036.

Address:-

Licensed Money Lender

License No: 14/2017

Business Reg. Number: 53119127C

91 Ubi Crescent

#03-03, India 408559

Phone: (91) 892 950 9036

Email : loancfifundsltd@gmail.com