Sunday, July 06, 2014

Honeymoon Part IV The Spa

I've never gone to spas. There was always something else to do. Like in Reykjavik when I had a choice between a spa or seeing the 10-11th century sagas and since seeing the original manuscripts had been a long time dream, it was a no brainer.

My daughter and housemate love spas.

Rick, however, booked us into Caldea and it was wonderful both because it was beautiful and relaxing in a way I haven't felt for a long time.

I should explain I'm really afraid of the water. I've failed swimming lessons including six months of private lessons.  However, I could spend time in the pool knowing I was safe. Even if I did go under water, he would pull me out.

We wandered from one pool to another, a jacuzzi here or there and the Roman baths.

Then there was the massage that eliminated the joint pain I've had for several months.

There was one amusing moment. While filming Rick stepped in a pool. He needed to dry his sneaker.

It just dawned on me, he's an American, with a Swiss wife, wearing a Russian shirt (a much appreciated gift when we were in St. Petersburg,) in Andorra while we are honeymooning from France. I do think we are entitled to claim not just the title of honeymooners, which made lots of people go "ahhhhhhhh" but internationals.






No comments: