Saturday, June 21, 2014

Living in the land of the grève

One thing I love about the French is their strikes (grèves). When I lived in France in the late 80s it seemed as if there was a strike a day: nurses, doctors, garbage pick up people, bus drivers, post, etc. etc. At one point the students were on strike because they weren't being taught enough.

On thing I hate about the French is their strikes (grèves), especially their train strikes. More than once I've been marooned either in trying to get to Argelès or trying to get back to Geneva.

Right now the train station is closed because of a strike. The trains that are running are posted.

Sunday night I want to go to Strabourg and meet up with two friends from university. Rick and I have the tickets.

Will there be a train????

The answer is no, there won't be. We've been told that we can get our money back.

Hopefully I'll be able to see my college friends in September when I'm in Massachusetts.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moi,aussi! LTC