Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Body clocks

Rick and I are on different body clocks.

He will often write into the early morning hours long after holding my eyes open is an impossible exercise.

I've been up since 5 a.m. writing.

He tends to stay at his desk then tumble into bed, while I am now in bed with my laptop in the snore room/office having left the marital bed so as not to disturb him. He is sleeping soundly.

The birds outside are singing. One has a specially sweet tweet. I hope he is as happy as I feel.

The smell of baking bread from one of the boulangeries is drifting into the window.

I hear the garbage truck making their daily rounds.

Someone is either coming from or going to the train station. I can hear the wheels of their suitcase against the pavement.

The church bell has just rung once signalling it's quarter past the hour. 

We will meet up later in the morning, go to the marché, sit in a café, talk with friends. Misc. chores will be accomplished. We are going to the opening of a new café tonight at the port.

It is good that there are hours when our body time mechanisms are aligned and we make the most of them.

It should be another good day in a long list of good days.

No comments: