Monday, May 05, 2014

Riding the waves



The lake had serious waves from the bise. It felt more like winter than the first week in May. A year ago on this day it was a wonderful summery day when my daughter ran the Geneva half marathon. 

It is like I'm living in a different climate. Rick and I had scarves (although only one of us has a sore throat) and I had gloves.

This was our first amble down to the water since we got back.

Not only were there waves but the water was muddy having been churned up by the wind, the first time Rick saw it that way. Usually it was so clear that one of my Syrian friends, walking by the lake for the first time, thought the water couldn't possibly be from a natural source.


A pair of ducks rode the waves, much like surfers. They were thrown with the water with no chance to duck for food.

I wished I had my camera to take photos (when will I never leave home without it. I can leave my Amex card but not my camera)

These pictures from a quieter time will have to do.

No comments: