Monday, May 12, 2014

My desktop -- what does it reveal?

I read a blog about what a person had on her desk. I had to, just had to, photograph mine and make a list.

1. Salt lamp.
2. Blue holder that has
  •    1 ink cartridge pen (I have a second for Argelès)
  •    1 letter opener
  •    1 highlighter
  •    1 penguin paper clip
  •    1 nail file
  •    1 paid of scissors
  •    1 mini brush
  •    1 computer duster (pink)
3. My seldom used tablet
4. Books
    5 journal types (I should file them away)
    2 DVDs
    1 CDRom
    A few pieces of advertising (I should get rid of them)
6. Pink quartz stone in pink dish
7. Painting of Damascus, my third most favourite city in the world. It is very painful to think about it.
8. Telephone so I don't have to run across the hall to answer
9. Tea cup which is usually filled most of the day
10.File cards, one for each chapter of the novel I'm working on
11.My Corsier felt tip pen. I have a second for Argelès...
12.My laptop, mouse and mousepad with Japanese chin design
13.My extra eyeglasses


I wonder if people can be analyzed by their desks, like years ago when they were analyzed by their handwriting. I think it was Jay Leno who looked into women's purses (brave man).

Probably some people would recoil in horror if people looked at their desks, and I have to admit I would rather no one looked in my two desk drawers one crammed with paper and the other with stuff like business cards, coloured pencils, a pin cushion, stamps, glue...etc. I don't even want to think about those contents...







No comments: