Friday, May 16, 2014

I'm red faced



My mother used to complain when she was ignored while at a counter in a store, "I must have taken my invisible pill, today." Her voice, normally quite pleasant would echo through the area.

Lately I feel people aren't listening to me.

One example was when I ordered a Coke without ice three times and it came with ice.

Earlier the same day it was my beloved. I told him to enter the roundabout at six o'clock and leave at 3 o'clock. His aviation journalism background means I was speaking his language, BUT he entered at six and left at midnight. Giving him his due he thought he could take a left for our destination, but we couldn't.

There were other instances and I'd tease that the honeymoon was over (it isn't).

Yesterday he told me something on house scheduling and it went in one ear and out the other (when my father said that to my mother once, she replied, "because there's nothing there to stop it") but I know Rick is never nasty to say something like that.

Let's just say I'm embarrassed. And on the anniversary of our meeting up two years ago too.

I suspect Rick will have his own version of this on his blog. http://lovinglifeineurope.blogspot.fr/

1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

Ha Ha Ha!!! I have to admit that I read Rick's post first and listened to him so here I am listening or reading yours now! You two make my heart burst!