Friday, May 09, 2014

Errands as holiday


Today Rick and I set out on errands such as pick up my eyeglasses with our
final destination being the English library book sale at the American church.

Long ago we learned to take our cameras and to stop and take whatever we saw that interested us along the way. We don't always take the same thing, but we do enjoy sharing whatever we spotted.

I'm learning not to be so time aware as well.






The opening of the ice cream stands where the hot roasted chestnut stands stood all winter is a sure sign of spring, although the temperatures might not be all that warm.


Love locks like in Amsterdam and Paris are new on this bridge. We debated adding out own someday.



Rick hadn't noticed this statue but I paid more attention to it than before. Hmmm...riding side saddle holding a bird naked. Perhaps not the most comfortable thing to do.






This fountain was under repair but it is now functional again. Even though the sky was gray at the moment and the buildings were gray, the pink was cheery.





Reading the signs about the current election issues only  reinforced my decisions. Good thing, because the ballot was mailed on Monday.




I don't know if this table is new or we just didn't notice it.  That's what's fun about considering errands as a holiday. You are in observation mode.

















The statue dedicated to refugees.





I guess this statue was thirsty.

And finally my goal besides stocking up on paperbacks. I sooo look forward to the traditional egg salad and coriander sandwiches sold at the library sale. That and a chocolate treat gives strength to search through the books to provide myself and Rick with reading matter for the next two or three weeks.

Unlike other book sales, it was wonderful to have someone carrying the books. He always tells me he will do it, but there are times I feel guilty. He is NOT my pack mule, but the man I love for things like making chores almost a holiday experience.



No comments: