Friday, May 23, 2014

Cows, cows, cows

This is for you Karyn...

In Switzerland we are awash with cows both of the real milk-giving type and the statues that are decorated to match misc. themes.

This cow was outside the optometrist in the next village and was decorated at Christmas time.

Later the cow was painted or replaced with a pewter coloured cow with eye problems that needed glasses.

Imagine my shock when I saw the pewter cow had become a magenta cow. I'm not sure if it is the same cow or whether the she has been painted again. I suppose even cows can change their spots...er colour. The colour change has not changed the cows need for glasses.



I couldn't help but think of the poem.

I've never seen a purple cow
and hope to never see one;
but I can tell you anyhow
I'd rather see than be one. 

However,  it doesn't scan properly if I substitute the word magenta for purple.

Than there's the town cow, also decked up for Christmas. At this time of year the pine wreath is just a memory.




I don't have a photo of the boulangerie cow, which is covered with paintings of bread. Or the butcher's cow, marked with the cuts of meat in their proper place of course. Or the German family's cow that has the three colours of the German flag on it.

And every now and then there are real cows.




Or maybe that's a bull...

At one point we had the GPS set to moo to notify us when we were speeding. That became annoying very, very fast.

As for this blog . . . no moooooore


1 comment:

Karyn said...

Busy weekend, so just saw this.. it put a huge smile on my face... magenta cows?!! ha, ha.. Oh, and I have seen a purple cow, there is one tucked down a driveway in Mendocino are of Northern California! What I really want to see if a chartreuse cow - I wonder if the owners of the corner cow take requests! Thanks for the shout out, it made my day!