Sunday, May 25, 2014

Confession: I was unfaithful

No, no, not not unfaithful to Rick.

I was unfaithful to Marro, the restaurant in the next village, where over the years we've become extra friendly with the staff over the years and years of good eating.


There's been Marie Jo, Marc, Fred, Adrien, Mohammed (aka Abdul), Roberto, etc. We rejoiced when the old grump of an owner was replaced by Antonio, the handsome Italian. 

How many places, especially in the land of the three-cheek kisses do you get hugged when you enter the restaurant? 

Or how many places does the chef come out to ask how the dog you're with wants her burger cooked?

There have been times when we ate there several times in a week. At one point we had lunch and dinner there every day for three days -- or at least some combination of our household did.

And they do a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner...

Their pumpkin soup in the autumn and winter with truffle oil is to experience what paradise would be like. 

We love them . . . but today I needed something more. All relationships sometimes need a bit of spice, not that Marro doesn't spice its offerings perfectly...a different spice was called for.

The solution: Rick took me to the restaurant around the corner Le Petit Lac with the view of the lake which is anything but Petit.



We sat on the terrace overlooking the lake, watching a woman throw a stick for her four-month old puppy who swam into the water to fetch it. He radiated happiness.

I radiated happiness too with my gazpacho. I think they make some of the best in Geneva and I was relieved to see the recipe was the same when I had another dalliance there. Yes, Marro does do a good gazpacho but...






The salmon, turnip, green beans, courgette and rice did little to assuage my guilt: However, guilt did not stop me from cleaning my plate to a point where dishwashing might have been optional.

I know I will "cheat" on Marro again, but not often. 

And please, don't tell Antonio. 





2 comments:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

I will not tell! I want to try both places one day!

viewsfromeverywhere said...

Finally, finally, I have something on her... still won't snitch as can also enjoy both.