Friday, April 11, 2014

My first Spiedie





The first spiedie is not like the first kiss, but after Rick raved and raved about them, the anticipation was almost the same. 

The sandwich is local to his growing up place in Endicott NY and is made with meat cubes marinated overnight then grilled on skewers. I've learned that they've had a spiedie fest during August in the area since 1983.

Friday night we will host people who are driving from the UK to Argelès. Friends here tend to make sure that arriving people are fed before they toddle off to be bed exhausted from a long drive but with a full tummy.

When Rick volunteered to make the spiedies (He'd imported the marinade), I was more than willing to let him cook.

Yesterday we bought the grill. I haven't had a grill since 1990. 

We did a test run before the guests arrived. My first spiedie was probably the first spiedie served in France.








No comments: