Thursday, March 13, 2014

Strawberry cost benefit analysis



I was busy cutting up strawberries and dropping them into the food processor. We'd bought them on the marché a couple of hours before.

Rick watched as I finished, added a little sugar and water and turned them into strawberry juice.


He humours me on many things but I think he decided this was over the top. "Let's do a cost-benefit analysis."

I agreed.

"We spent 5 Euros on the strawberries."

I nodded. If I bought strawberry juice from the green grocery it was half the cost.

"Then you spend time to cut them up."

I nodded. He waited for me to see the wisdom of his words. "However, the grocer hasn't had strawberry juice for several days."

If I could have bought it, I would have. It wasn't an alternative available.

So depending on the point of view, we were both right.



1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

Wow! I will remember this when I go to the farm and pick some strawberries! <3