Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Potential

Some people can walk into a wreck of a house and see it finished as a mansion. Others can take a troubled kid and turn him around.

As a writer I can massage bad writing into better writing.

Others see only the wreck, the bad kid or the terrible writing.

On my walk from the village to the house, I saw that all the vineyards have been cut back to a height that doesn't reach my knees. They are twisted and ugly.

However, by October they will be taller than I am ladened with lush purple grapes ready to be hand picked and turned into the good wine I may sip with lunch at any local restaurant.


It comes down to potential looking not just what one sees on the outside, but what is hidden inside.


1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

So true. You write very visually and I always see what your words describe. I saw you walking from the village and the vineyards trimmed back.
It sounds as though you live in a lovely place.
Have a great spring. We're still waiting here in Ohio.