Thursday, March 20, 2014

Cheese and conversation

I'm Swiss, I live part time in France, of course I like cheese, I told Raphaël. Silly question.

We were trying to decide the best way to meet up while I was in Toulouse where he lives.

I've known him since he was a bump and now he's a gray-haired husband with two adorable and well-behaved little boys. I don't get to see him all that often. He and his wife both work so anything easy was fine with me.

This wonderful cheese plate with the cheeses numbered mild to strong, their milk origin was a wonderful way to spend the evening catching up. A phone call from his sister, the person whom I call my French daughter who works for the UN in NY, and the fact that Raphaël's mother, also a friend was there, made the evening a perfect reunion night.

And each cheese was better than the one before.


No comments: