Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mr. Moose



Years ago when my mom and aunts and uncles were still alive there was a family weekend party in New Hampshire where two of my cousins had second homes.

Frankie told us about the moose he would see when he got up early in the morning and went down by the river. "Do you want to go?" he asked.

I did, as did another cousin. My daughter thought bed was a better alternative.

We got up and drove to the spot which was beautiful and waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited.And waited. And waited.And waited. And waited.And waited. And waited.And waited. And waited.And waited. And waited.And waited. And waited.And waited. And waited.And waited. And waited.

Finally we gave up.

I had forgotten the incident until today when Rick decided to go hit golf balls. I then saw his club cover.

I'm tempted to send a photo to my cousin and tell him at least that moose is easy to locate.

No comments: