Monday, December 30, 2013

Is it me or is the world nuts?

Rick and I were both writing...he was at the desk, I was curled up on the couch with my laptop where a laptop should be -- on my lap.

He started reading from a keyword list that the NSA uses for domestic spying printed in the following www.businessinsider.com/nsa-prism-keywords-for-domestic-spying-2013-6

I guess if I mention Rick lived in Texas, has a daughter Alicia, my old baby sister Janet I could be flagged.

Then when I send a mystery ms. using the word keyhole or stakeout, boy am I suspicious. I should warn my editor. He lives in Canada so he might really be suspicious.

I can't talk about a credit card, mention my friend in Amherst, not to mention I might have watched Rachel on MSNBC without being considered dangerous.

And I guess I can no longer refer to Stephanie who owns my favourite restaurant Bartevelle either, but I refuse to give up eating there.

Good thing I don't know any Bubbas, being a northerner and all, but I do mention tools in my latest novel when someone was trying to remove a tracking device and when I write some clients about a firewall problem. I wonder if I should snail mail the manuscript corrections rather than have my publisher send it by email.

I can't sweep anymore (I bet Rick won't consider this a reason not to) and I guess Rick and I have to throw out the leftover quiche in the frigo (which is a word still not on the list).

As for animals, I'll have to give up gorilla and seal. Does that mean I can't even watch animal videos without being pegged as a terrorist?

More words that will not slip out of my fingers onto the keyboard are government, hate, speedbump, illuminati, president, cocaine, and that really dangerous beyond all dangerous words freedom.

Good thing we don't have a basement where I live in France, but I'm worried about the house in Geneva and will I ever eat froglegs again? I mean froglegs are a delicacy in France. Ooops I used that word twice.

How real is it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bamford allegedly is behind the list and he looks pretty authentic.

Is it me or is the world nuts?

2 comments:

viewsfromeverywhere said...

It's the world!

Unknown said...

Nice and very helpful information i have got from your post. Even your whole blog is full of interesting information which is the great sign of a great blogger.

HP - 14" EliteBook Notebook - 8 GB Memory and 180 GB Solid State Drive - Platinum

HP - 12.5" EliteBook Notebook - 4 GB Memory and 180 GB Solid State Drive