Sunday, November 17, 2013

Moseying around again

Saturday night, all night there was torrential rain. After lunch Rick and I decided to see if there was water in the La Massane River. I'd owned my flat in Argelès for over 18 years before I ever saw any water in the river. I'd seen elephants, camels and horses in the bed. I used to run my dogs up and down the bed, but no water. At the same time I know that the river has flooded and the police will call owners of cars along the banks to move them unless they want to be turned into boats.


On the way to do Ptah II duty we passed the original wall that is a tower dating back to the 13th century, built by a count to keep the town safe from the pirates. When Jean-Marc does his English tour, he needs to work on the word "count". Take the "o" out and you have the way he says it.

The last stop was to visit Ptah II. His owner is in the States for almost three months and he is visited daily by Fatima, Lydia and me to talk to him, pat him, and make sure he has food, water and cleaned litter box as well as get his daily combing.

Today he wasn't particularly interested in socializing compared to yesterday when my lap was in demand for an extended cuddle. I read for a while, but then left.

No comments: