Thursday, October 17, 2013

Public hair measuring

We all have heard the term, good hair day or its counterpart, bad hair day. Women feel better when they like the way hair looks.

For years my housemate had beautiful blond hair down the middle of her back, a regular Rapunzel. She usually wore it up in a clip. It made her look mega-classic.


Right before my commitment ceremony she took out her hair holder and shook her head. Her hair, still beautiful, thick, blond, came tumbling down, but only to her shoulders.

My daughter, Parisian friend and I were speechless. It looked great.

Over the years I've worn my hair every imaginable way. I was NOT one of those women that found her hair style at 20 and never changed it.

I found a new goal...grow my hair longer than my housemate's, a modest goal in comparison to finishing the next novel, adding to my newsletter client base, winning a goal medal, etc.

I came closer to my goal when my housemate had her hair trimmed last week.

At lunch, in a restaurant, we decided the lengths were almost identical, but how to be sure.

Neither of us carried tape measures.

I looked at my red napkin, held it to the middle of my head with one hand and with the held strands of hair out along the napkin edge. I marked the end of the napkin.

Using the marked napkin, my housemate did the same, middle of the head, strand out.

The verdict?

They are identical lengths.

Now the secret will be whose hair will grow faster?

Does anyone know what foods encourage hair growth?

For my housemate's point of view on hair length http://viewsfromeverywhere.blogspot.ch/2013/10/measuring-hair.html

1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

This title was intriguing and I had to come over and see what was up. What is it about our hair that we are so committed to having it look the best we can make it. A question for the ages. Interesting that you and housemate have the same length. I was hoping for a photo of your hair. Why? Um have no idea. Just wanted to see it. Interesting. Going over now to see what she has to say.