Saturday, October 26, 2013

It would have made a great book but




Walking downtown I passed the marché that features art works and books. Browsing is impossible to resist.


There was this beautiful old photo album which I could imagine on the table in the entry of my imaginary farmhouse.


The first photo was of a couple on their wedding day. Later photos were of their children as they grew.

If I were still teaching creative writing, the photos would make wonderful triggers for flash fiction. Later on the bus I realised that the entire album of this family's photos could make a wonderful source of a novel.

Did I go back and buy it?

No. With two novels in the works and all the work with newsletter, the last thing I need is another project.

But I still am imagining the lives of the people in the photos.

I wish I could do all I thought of, but I would need hundreds of lifetimes...

No comments: