Tuesday, October 15, 2013

It's a wall


http://www.genealogyintime.com/GenealogyResources/Wallpaper/Vintage_Stone_Wall_Series_1/images/ivy_growing_on_stone_wall.jpg


"It's a wall," my housemate said, teasing me about my excessive oohing and ahhing over the plants against the wall. "And that is a plant and that's a red flower..." She went on to name everything around the wall.

We'd gone to Anières for lunch in the next village. (check out the incredible ice storm photos from 2 years ago) and we were feeling a bit guilty that we weren't at our regular restaurant Marro. I felt like a spouse cheating on his/her mate. Hopefully Fred, Roberto, Antonio and Adrian will never learn about our defection.

Anières is the usual beautiful Swiss little village overloaded with flowers and postcard atmosphere. The restaurant had changed hands. I could say that the desire to try something different was the driving force behind the decision.

It wasn't.

Mostly our decision came about from a discussion about lunch. I'd declared that after several days felled with a stomach bug that had kept me indoors I would suffering from massive cabin fever. The menu du jour at Marro just didn't appeal.

"Sushi?"

"Indian?"

We rattled off different places further afield than Marro. Neither of us wanted to take the time/energy to go into town for acceptable Marro alternatives.

My housemate come up with this restaurant, Le Cottage.

Now out in the world again, I was rejoicing at everything. Even the green garbage bins seemed beautiful.

The meal would have been wonderful with or without cabin fever recovery...an olive chicken with mini veggies in the sauce. The starter salad had a plate-licking curry dressing.

The world was still beautiful on the way back. Even the walls.

No comments: