Friday, October 04, 2013

It's back

Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in Switzerland, but one of our favourite restaurants, does do a Thanksgiving buffet for those expats, repats, or people who love a good turkey meal. In comparison to doing our own turkey, we celebrate there... although we do miss the hot turkey sandwiches with stuffing and cranberry sauce.

One of the things they serve is a soupe de courge (pumpkin soup) with truffle oil. The first year we celebrated Thanksgiving there, my housemate's Son No. 2 ate bowl after bowl after bowl.

 

Eating there earlier this week, I saw it was back on the menu, but after I'd ordered... Since then my taste buds could think of little else.

Thus today, Rick and I went back to Marro so I could have the soup.

And this was the result.











Antonio noticing how often we'd eaten there in the past couple of weeks, said I needed  a fidelity card. Instead waiter Fred offered us free deserts. 

I did email Son. No. 2 the good news...the soup is back.

No comments: