Sunday, October 13, 2013

I'm so excited






Years ago, and I mean years ago when I was first in Switzerland, I was taken to Valais for La Bisolée, a combination of fresh roasted chestnuts, grapes, cheese, apples, sometimes local meats and sometimes fresh first pressing of the grapes, depending on the server.  The meal takes part only in Valais as part of the Fête de la châtaigne. In the fresh air of the snow-capped Alps, it was like a bit of heaven.

Every year since then I've missed it, mostly due to my own fault realizing too late or being out of the country.

I thought I'd missed it this year too.

Today I got a Skype from my housemate up in the mountains asking me if I wanted good news. Silly question. Of course. Had I not been felled by a stomach bug, I'd have been with her at the chalet so she could have told me in person. 

This was the message

"The Café Central has just started La Brisolée! And I asked Rosemarie and they will be still doing it next weekend (Thurs. through Sunday). Get your mouth ready."

My mouth is ready.  


Photo credit http://www.fetedelachataigne.ch/fr/Deguster/La-brisolee/

No comments: