Monday, October 21, 2013

Gluttony

Kaki fruit is available only a few weeks a year. They are ultra sweet and I love them.
Lobster has always been my favourite food. Even when I was allergic I ate it. However often Maine lobster price in Europe would mean selling my first and only born child and she regularly refuses to be put on the market.

However, Picard, a store that is only freezers and frozen foods has cooked frozen Maine lobsters for 8.95 Euros. We bought two in France, took them to the chalet and opened a bottle of champagne. Does life get better? I don't think so.

 Through the window of the Café Centrale where we went  for brizolée

The restaurant is so typically Swiss.

And after years of missing it, La Brizolée.

We won't discuss the meals the next two days at different mountain restaurants.








1 comment:

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

Lobster is just as expensive here but I sure love crab legs. It is funny how some restaurants you just want to forget.. lol